Thursday, December 24, 2009

My 2009 Resolutions Complete ?


At the beginning of the year I set myself some resolutions for the year. Click here to see the blog post. 

Spend at least 30 minutes most evenings away from the television painting my miniatures.

Achieved; I spend most evenings away from the television painting my miniatures.  Had a few lapses over the year.
Complete the painting of my Ogre Kingdoms army to 2000 points.

Achieved; I now have 2500 points full painted.
Join a club and play more often against other people. At the moment only played against my son Tyler at home.

Not Achieved; Haven't really found the time in the evening to join a club and attend regularly.
Expand my Warriors of Chaos army to 2000 points.

Achieved;  I now have 2250 points but NOT fully painted.
Build a gaming table for home, with at least three fully painted scenery items.

Achieved;  I now have a gaming table, but only two fully painted scenery items.
Complete the painting of my Warriors of Chaos army to 2000 points.

Not Achieved;  I now have 2250 points but NOT fully painted.
Expand both Warriors of Chaos and Ogre Kingdoms armies to 2500+ points.

Not Achieved; Only my Ogre Kingdoms can be played at 2500 points.  The Warriors of Chaos can only field 2250 points.
Play in at least one tournament.

Achieved; Played in the Leicester Squiggle, Immortal War, and the Destruction Derby tournament.
Keep this blog up to date.

Achieved; Over 150 posts in the first year.


Really happy with my progress in the hobby over the last 12 months.  The only resolutions which I didn't achieve was to expand my Warriors of Chaos to 2500 points, to have at least 2000 fully painted and to join a club and play more often against other people.  I am not too bothered by this, as I can now field a 2250 point Warriors of Chaos army in a game.  I will however be trying to find time between work and home life to attend a gaming club or clubs in 2010.


Without these goals I would probably still be painting my Ogres and not played any games or tournaments.  


Next my new year resolutions for 2010!!

No comments:

Post a Comment