Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Army Painting Inspiration


I found the high level of quality painting at the recent Leicester Squiggle tournament to be inspiring.  All the armies nominated were excellently painted, putting my Ogre Kingdoms army to shame.

I will be trying to finish my Warriors of Chaos by the end of this year.  I have 5 Chaos Knights, 5 Marauder Horsemen, 10 Warhounds and a Daemon Prince to complete painting.  This will leave me with 2000 points of Warriors of Chaos and 2500 points of Ogre Kingdoms for gaming during 2010.

Then I will start a new army project in early 2010, the aim of the new army will be purely to improve my standard of painting.  I have drawn up two armies I find appealing...

All Khorne Daemons; With a Bloodthrister centre piece.  The whole army painted in various red, orange and gold tones.

Wood Elves;  Probably an autumnal theme with lots of oranges, yellows, reds and golds.  But the standard green theme is also very appealing.

I will be making three variances a 1999, a 2000 and a 2250 point army.  At the moment I can't decide which army to choose.  

But what I do know is that I will be spending a lot of hours, care and attention to detail on this army.  It will more than likely take a year to 18 months to complete, so I am not expecting this army to grace any gaming table fully painted until 2011.  

No comments:

Post a Comment