Friday, March 19, 2010

Eve of the Winter Incursion


At the weekend I am off to Maelstrom Games for their first ever Warhammer Fantasy Battles tournament, Winter Incursion.  Its a two day, six game tournament with some scenarios (mostly around deployment) thrown in to mix things up a little.  The armies have been banded according to their relative strength, which allow the weaker armies more points on the table in the form of reserves.

The points limit is 2,000, but against certain armies I will have reserve units up to the value of 250 points.  So against  Empire, Lizardmen, Skaven and Vampire Counts I have one reserve.  Against Deamons of Chaos and Dark Elves I have two reserves.  But against Bretonnians, Dwarfs, and Tomb Kings my opponent can take reserves, and against Ogre Kingdoms and Orc and Goblins my opponent has two reserves.





Because of the army banding system in place, in the first two games I will avoid playing Deamons of Chaos, Dark Elves, Ogre Kingdoms and Orc and Goblins.  However no Ogre Kingdoms and Orc and Goblins armies are present at this tournament.

So onto the list.  I have dropped the Black Tongue, it did nothing in my last tournament.  The Rod of Torment is in and on the Battle Standard Bearer.  I had to move around the Arcane items because I noticed that one of the sorcerers at my last tournament had two arcane items (naughty!).  
Unfortunately this has mean't that I have lost a scroll, because the Infernal Puppet and Spell Familiar had to be on seperate sorcerers.  Another change is Mark of Slaanesh on the Warriors and Knights.

My Core 2,000 points.

Daemon Prince (General) (575 pts)
Level 4 Sorcerer, Mark of Tzeentch, Tendrils of Tzeentch, Bloodcurdling Roar, Fury of the Blood God, Causes Terror, Fly, Stubborn, The Will of Chaos, Scion of Chaos

Chaos Sorcerer (200 pts)
Level 2 Sorcerer, Mark of Tzeentch, Dispel Scroll, Spell Familiar, Conjoined Homunculus, Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour, The Will of Chaos, Eye of the Gods

Chaos Sorcerer (136 pts)
Barded Chaos Steed, Infernal Puppet, Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour, The Will of Chaos, Eye of the Gods, Lores of Death or Fire

Exalted Champion (Battle Standard Bearer) (195 pts)
Battle Standard, Sheild, Rod of Torment, Mark of Tzeentch, Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour, The Will of Chaos, Eye of the Gods

Chaos Warriors x 13 (293 pts)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Wrath, Shields, Mark of Slaanesh, Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour, The Will of Chaos

Chaos Marauders x 15 (95 pts)
Marauder Chieftain, Musician, Standard Bearer, Flails, Hand Weapon, The Will of Chaos

Marauder Horsemen x 5 (110 pts)
Marauder Chieftain, Musician, Standard Bearer, Shields, Throwing Axes, Hand Weapon, The Will of Chaos, Fast Cavalry, Horse Lords

Chaos Warhounds x 5 (30 pts)
The Will of Chaos

Chaos Warhounds x 5 (30 pts)
The Will of Chaos

Chaos Knights x 5 (280 pts)
Knight Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, Rapturous Standard, Mark of Slaanesh, Barded Chaos Steed, Shield, Ensorcelled Weapon, Chaos Armour, The Will of Chaos, Causes Fear

Chaos Spawn (55 pts)
Causes Fear, Unbreakable, Lurching Horror, Flailing Appendages


My Reserves.  The Chosen I will play against Empire, Lizardmen, Skaven and Vampire Counts.  
And the Ogres for Deamons of Chaos and Dark Elves.

Chosen x 8 (237 pts)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Rage, Shields, Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour, The Will of Chaos, Chosen of the Dark Gods

Ogres x 4 (250 pts)
Chaos Armour, Great Weapons, Standard Bearer, Mark of Khorne, The Will of Chaos, Causes Fear

There are a lot of the top players in the country attending with nearly half in the top one hundred.  


So onto my usual topic for every tournament, my target.  This time around my target is to at least win a game out of the six I will be playing.  I am expecting to finish near the bottom (if not bottom), purely because I haven't had any practice with the army.  Also not expecting to get close on the best painted army, there are a lot of excellent painter attending.




No comments:

Post a Comment