Monday, May 4, 2009

Testors Dull Cote


Since Games Workshop stopped selling a Matt Varnish, which was excellent. I have struggled to find a comparable product. I did try Humbrol Matt Cote, but found that for metal miniatures this left a sticky residue which remained on the miniature for many weeks. I even had to strip and re-paint my Ogre Kingdoms Tyrant, because the sticky residue which was still on the miniature for weeks after being applied.

Eventually found a UK supplier of Testors Matt Varnish in cans and bottles Antenociti's Workshop.

This stuff is excellent even better than the Matt Varnish from Games Workshop. The matt finish is brilliant. I will from now on varnish all my miniatures with the Games Workshop gloss varnish first and then spray on a coat of Testors Dull Cote and it really does matt the gloss finish down very nicely.

All of my Ogres are finished using this method.

No comments:

Post a Comment