Thursday, May 7, 2009

40K Catachan Army


My wife bought me a Warhammer 40K Imperial Guard Catachan Battalion box set for Christmas 2007. I wanted to include pictures of all my painted miniatures on this blog, so have included these miniatures as well.

I also purchased and painted a few metal models, one Captain, two Officers, two Ogryns and some snipers. I especially wanted to paint some of the new Ogryn miniatures, these looked awesome in White Dwarf. It was painting the Ogryns that gave me the inspiration to build an Ogre Kingdoms army in Warhammer Fantasy, painting a larger size miniature for a change was appealing.

To make this a complete and valid army I have about 25 more squad miniatures to paint for another troop choice, and will need an additional Ogryn to build a proper size Ogryn squad. Also I especially like the new Catachan command squad released this month with the new Imperial Guard Codex, so I may purchase this box set as well.

May be one day I will complete this army, probably to around the 1000 point mark. But at the moment my focus is purely on my Warhammer Fantasy miniatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment